Mow Greener Exchange Program
Receive a $100 VISA Gift Card when you exchange your old gas-powered lawn mower for a new battery-powered lawn mower.
Update: April 20: The 2022 Mow Greener Exchange Program, limited to 140 households, has sold out. You may place your name on the waiting list, in the event that one of the first 140 registrants does not complete their Mow Greener battery-powered lawn mower purchase.
Why Switch Mower Types?
- Battery powered mowers run cleaner than gas and oil-based engines.
- Battery powered mowers are easier to maintain: no gas, oil or spark plugs.
- Battery powered mowers are light weight & easy to start.
- Battery pack can be used in other same voltage/brand lawn care equipment.
Who is Eligible to Participate?
- Participants must reside in Butler, Clermont, Clinton, Hamilton, or Warren counties.
- Residential households only! Lawn maintenance companies are not eligible to participate.
- Limit one rebate per household.
- Participants must register and be confirmed to be eligible for the rebate.
How Do I Participate?
- Register online beginning Friday, April 1. If you do not have internet access, you may register by phone: 513-946-7777, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Once you have received the confirmation email, purchase your brand new, battery-powered lawn mower from the retailer of your choice. Here are suggestions to help start your search: Lowes; Home Depot
- Scrap your old gas-powered mower at a scrap metal recycler in your county (see list below)
- Submit a copy of your receipt for the new mower; must be purchased after April 1, 2022.
- Pick up your gift card (instructions will be provided after you submit your receipts). You must sign a statement saying that your gas-powered lawn mower was recycled and that you have received your $100 gift card.
- Enjoy a cleaner, quieter mowing experience and spending that $100!
Lawn Mower Exchange Program Dates
- Registrations opens on Friday, April 1.
- Battery powered mower must be purchased after April 1, 2022.
- Registration closes on Friday, May 27 unless already filled so don’t wait!
- All receipts must be received by our office by Friday, June 30, 2022.
- All gift cards must be picked up by Friday, July 22, 2022.
Scrap Metal Recycler List
It is recommended that you call the metal recycler in advance to check materials accepted and hours of operation.
Round Bottom Recycling: 5100 River Valley Rd., Milford, 45150; 513-248-4435
Refer to Clinton County’s website for options.
Garden Street Iron & Metal: 2815 Spring Grove Ave, Cincinnati, 45225; 513-721-4660; 7500 New Haven Road, Harrison, OH 45030; 513-738-2678
Miamitown Auto Parts & Recycling: 6980 State Route 128, Cleves, OH 45002; 513-353-1111
Phipps Auto Parts, 10429 Cozaddale-Murdock Rd., Morrow 45152; 513-722-2034