The Agency provides permitting, enforcement, monitoring and analysis support in Butler, Clermont, Hamilton and Warren counties. The Agency serves to:
- Coordinate the permitting and conduct inspections of all stationary air emissions sources
- Respond to air complaints
- Issue open burning permits
- Monitor and document air pollutants for the AQI daily index
- Record pollen and mold counts and air toxics levels
- Measure compliance of six criteria pollutants to a series of U.S. EPA health-based standards
- Conduct anti-tampering inspections, asbestos demolition inspections, stack test observations and emissions inventory programs
- Compile the annual report
Interested in learning more about our local air quality? Subscribe to our newsletter.
There has been a modification to the 2016 Annual Monitoring Plan. The changes are available for review and public comment for 30 days. Please submit comments to Anna Kelley or Christina Boss. Comments must be received by December 23, 2015.